Monday, December 6, 2010

VWaV "Best Pumpkin Muffins" FTW

This past weekend, for a post-run breakfast I was attending, I made a batch of the "Best Pumpkin Muffins" from Vegan With a Vengeance.  The recipe is available at theppk.  I made just a few modifications, out of necessity.  We didn't have any pumpkin puree, so I used squash instead.  I subbed applesauce for the oil (using Isa's suggested conversion of 1/2 c. oil = 1/3 c. applesauce).  I still haven't bought molasses, so once again I added a bit a agave just for the texture (but not the full amount, since agave is much sweeter than molasses).

Anyway, I had a ringing endorsement from my son.  He ate so many muffins that they were all gone by Sunday night.  Shortly before bed time, he said, "please make more muffins tomorrow."  I explained that we were all out of puree, but maybe I'd do a different recipe.  :)

No comments: